ONE WOMAN'S QUEST TO MAKE HER BELLY SMALLER THAN HER BOOBS

ONE WOMAN'S QUEST TO MAKE HER BELLY SMALLER THAN HER BOOBS

Friday, December 12, 2008

Wells Fargo Half Marathon May 2007

It was mayhem. Flying tree branches, farts on the bus...where do I begin? I ran into Anne, Michelle, Jill and Marie at the start, and ran the first mile and a half with Jill and Marie. Jill said we did the first mile in 9:50. A little too fast for me, so I dropped back and decided to stay somewhere in the middle of them and Anne and Michelle giving me time to stretch or walk if I needed it. Unfortunately Anne and Michelle weren't very far behind, so my plan was foiled. Anne ran ahead and Michelle and I stayed together for the rest of the race. We both stopped for about 10 minutes at the ALARC water stop and chatted with friends. It rained for about the first 6 miles or so. When we were running right next to the lake at around 10 miles the wind was so bad I was holding onto my visor. Leaves were flying everywhere and tree branches were flying around. Someone said they saw a tree fall at one point. We joked about getting hit by a tree at mile 12. Wouldn't that be a bummer?We finished when the clock said 2:36:something which I was very happy with. We only walked for brief periods to take some water and/or get up a hill. They bussed us back to the start and a woman told us she and her friend counted 20 hills. 20 ups and 20 downs. And if it was an up then a flat spot and another up, she only counted one hill. So it was a very hilly course. And then someone dropped a** and the whole bus (which already stunk like sweat and armpits) filled up with the stench of the inside of someone's colon.

No comments:

Post a Comment