ONE WOMAN'S QUEST TO MAKE HER BELLY SMALLER THAN HER BOOBS

ONE WOMAN'S QUEST TO MAKE HER BELLY SMALLER THAN HER BOOBS

Thursday, August 13, 2009

5k Pub Run

Tonight I went on the most fun 5k ever. It started at Costello's in St. Paul, and basically went from pub to pub to pub along a 5k route. I have never drank so much beer. But the running sort of made up for it.

FUN!

Matt and Laurissa and ol' Gentle Jim came with and there were a total of maybe 30 runners. The pubs didn't know what hit 'em. Everybody got a real kick out of it...30 runners stopping into the pub for 10 minutes and a couple pitchers to share.

I met an Army dude back from Iraq, a 50 year old who has run 23 marathons and was just in Cape Town, a 31 year old graphic designer who put the whole thing together (an old homeless-y type dude at the first pub told her she "had nice shoulders" which was the weirdest compliment I had ever heard), a girl named Anne who I accidentally kept calling Amy, Tom from my marathon class three years ago, an older guy who I made fun of because he kept stretching... It was great. One pub we actually bought two pitchers of margaritas.

We rounded it all out at Cosetta's Italian place right by McGovern's. And now I'm home, and I feel very thirsty.

I don't know why I hadn't ever discovered drinking and running before. My two favorite things. Just kidding. I hate running.

No comments:

Post a Comment