ONE WOMAN'S QUEST TO MAKE HER BELLY SMALLER THAN HER BOOBS

ONE WOMAN'S QUEST TO MAKE HER BELLY SMALLER THAN HER BOOBS

Friday, June 19, 2009

Working on my Fitness

So...in 2009 I have run a total of 7 miles. I signed up for the Urban Wildland Half Marathon on August 1st, so I'll try to blog how a crazy person trains for 13.1 miles in 6 weeks. It can be done I think.

I joined Lifetime Fitness yesterday! So today I dutifully went to a spin class. At noon, right smack dab in the middle of my work day. This is a huge big deal for me, because I have spent the last 6 months working so MUCH, with never so much as a piss break, so I am so EXCITED to be able to get away from my desk and actually take a lunch.

But, I HATE the gym. I hate the dirtiness of it. I hate the sweatiness of it.

My inner Pollyanna will say that there is a bright side. The instructor motivates you like crazy and the music is always ridulous and awesome.

So, the spin class was just like you see in the movies! A bunch of people on fake bikes with towels around their necks, biking and pedaling and 'spinning' for an hour. And the guy goes "UP!" and everybody stands and pedals. And then he goes, "ADD SOME LOAD!" and then you turn this little knob and suddenly you are going up a hill! (but not really). And then he says, "think about your GOALS!" and I actually said out loud "FLAT STOMACH!" but the music was so loud so nobody heard me. haha



I was sort of going down hill because my bike seat pointed forward and down and it was hard to stay on it. Also I'm used to a normal outside bike that coasts. These bikes don't coast. if you stop pedaling, they WHIP your legs forward and that happened to me like ten times and then my feet fell out of the pedals a few times too.

And I forgot water.

But, it was fun and stay tuned for more updates on the training. I plan to run 5 miles tomorrow, if my legs will let me.

No comments:

Post a Comment